Monday, October 03, 2005

More tales from the RAR Workshop

{my dear, dear people}

Well, I spent a good deal of time in the Workshop last night listening to some tracks that we recorded earlier in the year that we thought would make up the bulk of the album. There is a rather long & arduous tale that goes along with the reason as to why these recordings might not make the track listing on our full-length. It is all very confusing. We are not really sure how to even handle speaking about it at the moment. In any case, I feel we need to do something about these songs. I loved the liberties we took with their arrangements; most were based completely on improvised structures---a definite departure for us. Listening back to the tracks I remember how excited we were by the experience. The spirit of those sessions have actually informed & inspired many of the latest tracks we have been writing/recording. So whether those songs are ever properly released or not...they have value.

We'll figure this all out, I'm sure. Things are just getting a little weirder as I was informed (thanks Missy) this morning that someone from our ranks has apparently leaked one of these songs to a friend who then put it on her podcast. So, I dunno...I'm rambling...it is just all kind of mixed up. When everything is said and done we may have two completely different records on our hands. Ugh!

{csmr}