Wednesday, October 19, 2005

even more tales from the RAR Workshop

{frnds}

Over this past weekend I welcomed the ever debonair Trevor Naud into the Workshop. He brought a small arsenal of lil' boxes that tended to make grotesque the signals that were passed through them. We spent hours recording flipped, chopped, stretched, and bashed bits of sound for use on the song Citizen's Army Uniform. Going against my usual method of working on a 5 second musical section for at least 4 hours, we simply pressed record and away we went. He with guitar in hand gently---at some points rather viciously---fingered the strings way up high on the neck of the guitar whilst I manned the dials of the boxes...twisting them back and forth and back and forth again, causing much sonic surreality & a certain finessed filth. I think it will become my job to make sense of the session; Nuad is very much the rock-'em-then-leave-'em type. Please come back, please...

La, la, love you,

{csmr}